Thursday, June 7, 2007

Do you care about our natural environment?

After Shelly gave us the introduction, it reminded me another reason that why I interested in "Code for Change Summer Intern". I'm a environmental protection person:) This intern is a combine=my major(F1 student only can take the position that directly relate to my major in US)+my interesting.

As you know, China has huge population, and developing very fast recently. Solving pollution problem is very important to us, especially in Beijing, because 2008 Beijing Olympic Games is coming soon. Because there are a lot of countries' developing experiences- develop first then solve the environment problem, we try to develop at the same time solving the problem. Such as we use e-cards instead of paper cards; develop our public transportation system, in Beijing, we have more than 300 bus lines, light rail and subway; use and search in clean sources instead gas;begin no-paper office culture; save water and energy; we don't use "once" chopsticks and plates in school; classify trash and recycle plastic, batteries and paper, you can use newspaper change to reproduced-paper, etc. Nowadays, Beijing's air is much better than 20 years ago, but this improvement is to slow, one reason is there are too many people to this city.

You are so lucky to live in Denver. Here is not crowded; you don't short for water; you have more sunny days. So let this keep forever:) China solve our environment problem not only for China but also for the world, because we all are villagers in our earth village.

All above are my own opinions, at least represent some people:)

2 comments:

baoping53 said...

wo can bu dong

Marcia said...

Hello Ann! Such an interesting post . . . you know in the evenings I've been reading the latest National Geographic and there's an article about how fast Wenzhou and Lishui are growing and adding factories. Here's a quote that really affected me: "Director Wang told me that approximately one thousand peasants had been relocated, as well as exactly 108 separate mountains and hills."

What do you think of this Ann? I assume that economic growth is very important . . . but I know I wish there was a way to grow without altering forever entire countrysides.