Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hi, everybody:)

I'm Ann:) I come from Beijing China. Now I'm a UCD graduate student, major in Computer Science. My BS degree is Industrial Engineering. I like IE more than CS:) IE introduces a lot of conceptions but I don't know how to practice. I'm intreseted in MIS and database. I thought I need enhance my coding skill, so choose CS and USA. But now I'm so disappointed:), we learning a lot "classic" computer science classes. When I finish ten class, I can graduate. I can get good score, but I also don't know how to work. I talked to my advisor, he told me "we can't teach you any specific software like orcle or mysql in any class":(

So I need intern. Code for Change give me a chance. This is a big challenge for me. I need learn more, need work in English. I know is hard to me but everything should be has a beginning, I can't "escape" all the time, I have to face these challenges. The same reason that I decide come to US, this new country, new language,no family and friends here. Because I know I can resolve each problem, succeed in every challenge, then when I look back, I can feel proud of myself. All of these tension, pressure, upset, helpless are treasures of my life experience.

I come here 9 months, everything goes well. I'm so glad to meet you here. First time to by plane, first time to leave my family, first time to work in US. How exciting! Don't think I'm a quiet girl. I'm talkive, I'd like share my opions with other people. Just because English is not my native language, my words are limited:( I try my best:)

See you tomorrow!:)

No comments: