Friday, June 8, 2007

Hello!

Matthew Flynn here. I am a senior at Metropolitan State College of Denver as a Computer Science Major. Four wonderful children provide me satisfaction and many challenges in my life. Guitars, music and lots of computer stuff fills my days. I've lived in beautiful Colorado since 1980 and enjoy hiking and occasional skiing trips.
Programming has been a part-time occupation for the last ten years. I have programmed in more than 17 programming languages. Java is my favorite because of the extensive documentation. Some of the more interesting ones I've worked with are List and Prolog. I enjoy the challenge and complexity of problem solving so programming is a satisfying occupation for me.
I live right next to Cherry Creek so I get to see first hand some of the effects we have on our environment and what we do to lessen our impact on it. Runoff from the expanse of houses here in Aurora and Centennial is handled by the streams leading into Cherry creek one of which is behind my apartment. The holding ponds for the runoff support many forms of wildlife and make for an interesting assortment of sights and sounds when walking along the paths that have been built as part of the projects to control the runoff. A nice balance of man's needs and nature's.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hi Matthew! Looking forward to meeting you in real life. Speaking of the wildlife around the holding ponds -- last weekend I was suddenly awestruck by a heron flying right over my head, heading in for landing at a lake near my house . . .

It's cool that you get to use your 17 languages to make difference in the herons' habitat (and the humans!)